Having enjoyed my trip by mountain bike from Sydney to Melbourne in 2004, I decided to tackle a longer trip in 2005 and the idea of riding from south to north through the centre of Australia had a lot of appeal. I love the vastness and isolation of the Australian outback and this seemed a good opportunity to enjoy both.

Adelaide to Darwin MTB - Alice Springs

Day: 010
Date: Friday, 2 September 2005
Start: Alice Springs (day off)
Finish: Alice Springs
Daily Kilometres: 0
Total Kilometres: 1557

Journal:
I slept in until 8:30am and then, after a bit of house-keeping, spent about 90 minutes on the internet in the motel office catching up on some email and sending a broadcast email to people interested in the trip.  I then walked into town on a very warm and sunny day (with a north wind blowing......again!).  After wandering around a bit I got some lunch in a food court and then did my food shopping at Woolworths.  Then, with a backpack full of groceries, etc., I went to the cinema and saw "Red Eye".  After that I had a milkshake and a read before slowly wandering back to the motel, passing preparations for the Alice Springs Festival Parade, picked up some KFC and had an early dinner.  Went to bed around 8pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment